Skip to Main Content
About the Boot Camp
Questions about the Boot Camp?
Please note: [Required] modules are indicated in the box titles.
[Required]IHI Open School
Select the Open School Basic Certificate English (formerly known as the Basic Certificate in Quality and Safety). After you have completed all 13 course modules, you will be eligible for a CERTIFICATE.
To track your progress toward these goals or to claim certificates and credits, go to your IHI Account Page. If you are not currently logged in to the IHI portal, you will be prompted to do so. Once in Your IHI Portal, click on MY PARTICIPATION to see what you are registered for, and the CREDITS tab to access your certificate. Either export the certificate to a PDF file or create a screenshot of the certificate which shows the date of completion for the IHI and has your name and/or IHI number on screen. Upload the document to the Student Academics portal.
[Required]Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI)
CITI training will prepare you to conduct human subjects research during your residency.
If you have not yet been trained through CITI at FSU, complete the Human Subjects Research: Biomedical/Clinical training as per the CITI: COM Registration Instructions link below.
You are also advised to identify your residency's institutional CITI training requirements for future reference. Once at your residency, you will be able to "add an affiliation" for the CITI course(s) you have taken at FSU -- but your residency may require additional modules or courses.
[Required]Opioids Online Training (2 options)
Florida Mandatory Opioid Prescribing CME Must create an account at fafp.org; check Canvas for instructions
> BCC 7201 | Residency Preparation Boot Camp; AY2022-2023
> Required Assignment 3: Controlled Substance Webinar by Dr. David Koo (formerly titled "Safer Opioid Training"): Option 1
Alert: This program satisfies the State of Florida re-licensure requirement
Any opioid training that provides a certificate of completion
- Many free opioid courses from reputable sources can be found online
- Strongly suggested to complete the required opioid training for the state where you do your residency
- Contact Dr. George Bernardo or Martin Wood with questions or concerns
[Required] Wise-OnCall Modules
WISE-OnCall Modules are hosted on the Aquifer platform.
Click SIGN IN (top right); use your CoM email to REGISTER.
These modules provide simulated assessment and management of common conditions encountered in patients while on call. Completion will be monitored by course directors and campus staff. CHROME is the best browser to use.
Acute Pain Management
Certifying a Death
Documentation for Patient Safety
Fever and Sepsis
Loss of Consciousness
Citation Management Tutorial
- Preferred browsers for library tutorials are Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. There is no login required.
- Some hospital networks do not transmit tutorial submissions -- you are advised to complete the tutorial on a non-hospital network.
- To receive credit after completing this tutorial for Residency Boot Camp, enter your email address, then upload your emailed results to Student Academics.